Karl Lagerfeld says Adele is "a little too fat"
(CBS) Karl Lagerfeld is never ashamed to say exactly what he thinks.
Now, the Chanel designer is talking size again - a subject that has gotten him in trouble before - telling the Metro, "The thing at the moment is Adele. She is a little too fat, but she has a beautiful face and a divine voice."
The designer's statement was in response to his thoughts on singer Lana del Rey, saying he prefers Adele and Florence Welch.
Lagerfeld has famously criticized overweight women before saying, "No one wants to see curvy women" to the news magazine Focus in 2009, about a ban one magazine imposed on skinny models.
His interview with Metro covered a wide range of topics including President Barack Obama. When asked whether Mr. Obama "deserves" to be re-elected he responded, "Yes he does, especially because of Mrs. Obama. I'm a big fan of Mrs. Obama - and her face, I think, is magical."
Lagerfeld has been the creative director of Chanel for roughly 30 years. In addition, he serves as the creative director of Fendi and of his own line, Karl Lagerfeld.
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale
- Obama to host concert honoring Carole King
- "American Idol" winner announced