Donald Sutherland: "The Hunger Games" script is "perfect," directing "brilliant"
(CBS) Fans of "The Hunger Games" can rest assured that the highly-anticipated book-to-film adaptation was in good hands - at least, according to one of the film's stars.
Donald Sutherland had high praise recently for Gary Ross, who directed the highly-anticipated film and co-wrote its screenplay.
"He's brilliant, he's absolutely exquisite. His script was perfect and his directing was wonderful," Sutherland said of Ross on Thursday at the Los Angeles premiere of "Journey 2: The Mysterious Island.".
The actor, who plays the totalitarian President Snow in the film, added that he would "fight tooth and nail" to work with Ross again - which could happen sooner rather than later if Ross returns to the "Hunger Games" realm (there are two more books in Suzanne Collins' bestselling trilogy).
"The Hunger Games" hits theaters on March 23. A new trailer for the film was released last week, which you can watch below:
Tell us: Are you excited for "The Hunger Games"?
"The Hunger Games" character posters
Popular in Entertainment
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion