Randy Travis arrested for public intoxication
An officer arrested the 52-year-old singer and took him to a jail at 1:30 a.m, according to a Denton County Sheriff's Office spokesman Tom Reedy. Travis was released on a Class C misdemeanor citation at 7:44 a.m.Pictures: Celebrity Arrests
Pictures: Celebrity Mug Shots
Reedy said authorities received a call about a suspicious vehicle parked outside a Baptist church. Travis was found inside his car with an open bottle of wine and smelling of alcohol, police said.He was brought to the county jail and held for four hours as is policy for public intoxication, Reedy told CBSNews.com. Travis released a statement on Monday to the Associated Press, saying, "I apologize for what resulted following an evening of celebrating the Super Bowl. I'm committed to being responsible and accountable, and apologize for my actions."
Travis is on the road this month and is next scheduled to perform on Friday in Grand Ronde, Ore.
Celebrity mug shots
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos