Gisele Bundchen asks friends, family for Super Bowl prayers for husband Tom Brady
(CBS) Gisele Bundchen has called on friends and family to pray for her husband, New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, heading into his Super Bowl game this weekend against the New York Giants.
The Brazilian supermodel sent an email to loved ones asking for their support before the big game, according to the New York Post.
"I feel Tommy really needs our prayer, our support and love at this time," Bundchen reportedly wrote.
"This Sunday will be a really important day in my husband's life. He and his team worked so hard to get to this point and now they need us more than ever to send them positive energy so they can fulfill their dream of winning this Super Bowl," the email continued, according to the Post.
Bundchen reportedly added, "So I kindly ask all of you to join me on this positive chain and pray for him, so he can feel confident, healthy and strong. Envision him happy and fulfilled experiencing with his team a victory this Sunday."
When reached about the email, the model told the Post that it was a "private note only sent to close friends and family."
Bundchen, 31, and Brady, 34, married in 2009 and have a 2-year-old son, Benjamin. The NFL star also has a 4-year-old son, Jack, with ex-girlfriend Bridget Moynahan.
The Patriots and the Giants will face off in Indianapolis on Sunday. The last time the two teams met in the Super Bowl, back in 2008, the Giants claimed victory.
Popular in Entertainment
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- "The Hangover III": Critics aren't drunk with excitement
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- "Now You See Me" cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Paul McCartney writes in support of Pussy Riot
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video