Madonna on concert tickets: Save your pennies because I'm worth it
(CBS) Madonna plans to go on tour to support her upcoming album, and when she does, she'll likely charge big bucks for a ticket to get inside. There's talk that dates have already been booked, and Live Nation president Michael Rapino told the Los Angeles Times that tickets will go on sale after Madonna plays the Super Bowl on Sunday.
When asked by Newsweek if her tickets will be very pricey this time around, Madonna said her fans should work all year and scrape their money together because she's worth it.
"So start saving your pennies now," she said. "People spend $300 on crazy things all the time, things like handbags. So work all year, scrape the money together, and come to my show. I'm worth it."
Madonna's last tour grossed $408 million worldwide, the most ever for a solo artist.
Madge's new album, "MDNA," comes out on March 26. It's part of a three-album deal the pop star recently signed with Interscope Records. The lead single, "Gimme Me All Your Luvin,'" with M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj, surfaced this week.
Tell us: Will you go see Madonna on the road?
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale
- Runaway mom tells Dr. Phil: "They're better off without me"
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance