Kristen Bell reveals her sloth-induced birthday meltdown
(CBS) Fans, take note: Kristen Bell really, really likes sloths.
The "Veronica Mars" actress, who now appears in the Showtime series "House of Lies" and the film "Big Miracle," revealed she loves the animal so much that when fiance Dax Shepard surprised her with a visit from one on her birthday, she had an emotional breakdown.
During an appearance on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," Bell explained that on the day of her 31st birthday over the summer, Shepard sent her into a back room of their home when his surprise arrived, but she immediately sensed what it was.
"I had no context for knowing what it was, but I grabbed the dogs and walk into the back room of the house and I was immediately overcome and I thought, 'There's a sloth near. There's a sloth here; it's close; it's going to happen,'" she recalled.
Bell told DeGeneres that she didn't know how to process that realization, because she had been waiting to interact with one her entire life. It ended up being too much to handle - by the time Shepard came to retrieve her, video camera in hand, she had dissolved into tears.
The actress then showed the home footage of her crying on her bed, unable to cope with the excitement.
The full interview airs Tuesday.
Popular in Entertainment
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner