Demi Moore hospitalized for substance abuse, TMZ reports
(CBS) Demi Moore was hospitalized late Monday in Los Angeles and TMZ reports the hospitalization was linked to substance abuse.
The website did not cite named sources, but said that the actress, who split up with husband Ashton Kutcher in November, will "seek further professional assistance" for the substance abuse.
Paramedics rushed to Moore's L.A. home around 10:45 p.m. Monday and transported her to a nearby hospital.
A publicist told TMZ, "Because of the stresses in her life right now, Demi has chosen to seek professional assistance to treat her exhaustion and improve her overall health. She looks forward to getting well and is grateful for the support of her family and friends."
Moore split with Kutcher, who stars on CBS' "Two and a Half Men," in the wake of allegations that he had been cheating on her.
Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore
Popular in Entertainment
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" to series for 2013-2014 season
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- "Now You See Me" cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere
- Beatles' lyrics headed for British Library