Tracy Morgan reps say collapse due to "exhaustion and altitude"
(CBS) "30 Rock" star Tracy Morgan, who was taken to the hospital in Park City, Utah, after collapsing at a Sundance Film Festival event Sunday night, is said to have collapsed due to "exhaustion and altitude," according to the actor's reps.
Morgan was attending the Creative Coalition Spotlight Awards, where he was being honored with the Spotlight Initiative Award.
Despite reports that the former "Saturday Night Live" star appeared to be drunk, Morgan's reps released a statement early Monday saying he collapsed due to "a combination of exhaustion and altitude" and that "any reports of Tracy consuming alcohol are 100 percent false," reports ABC News.
Morgan confirmed his reps statements tweeting, "Superman ran into a little kryptonite. The high altitude in Utah shook up this kid from Brooklyn."
The actor also suffers from diabetes and had a kidney transplant two years ago.
Morgan was at Sundance promoting his new film "Predisposed," in which he co-stars with Jesse Eisenberg and Melissa Leo.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 116 Comments
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- CBS takes "Mike & Molly" tornado-themed finale off air
- Runaway mom begs for kids' forgiveness on Dr. Phil