Heidi Klum and Seal announce separation
WEST HOLLYWOOD, CA - FEBRUARY 27: Musician Seal and model Heidi Klum arrive at the 19th Annual Elton John AIDS Foundation Academy Awards Viewing Party at the Pacific Design Center on February 27, 2011 in West Hollywood, California. (Photo by Larry Busacca/Getty Images for EJAF) *** Local Caption *** Seal;Heidi Klum / Larry Busacca
(CBS) Model/"Project Runway" host Heidi Klum and singer Seal are separating.
"While we have enjoyed seven very loving, loyal and happy years of marriage, after much soul-searching we have decided to separate," they announced in a statement to People magazine on Sunday.
The statement continues, "We have had the deepest respect for one another throughout our relationship and continue to love each other very much, but we have grown apart. This is an amicable process and protecting the well-being of our children remains our top priority, especially during this time of transition.
"We thank our family, friends, and fans for their kind words of support. And for our children's sake, we appreciate you respecting our privacy."
Klum and Seal married in 2005 and have four children: Leni, 7, Henry, 6, Johan, 5, and Lou, 2.
On Saturday, TMZ reported that Klum was to going file for divorce.
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Friends pay tribute to George Jones at funeral