Russell Brand to interview Ringo Starr
(CBS/AP) NEW YORK - Promotion for former Beatle Ringo Starr's upcoming solo album will include a "Town Hall" interview with British actor-comedian Russell Brand.
Brand will interview the drummer for Sirius XM Radio, one day before Starr releases his newest album, "Ringo 2012."
"Town Hall With Ringo Starr" will air live from Los Angeles on Jan. 30. Music producer Don Was will moderate the interview, and Starr will perform.
Brand said in a statement Thursday that he's a "massive fan" of Starr, "but like most people I am ignorant as to his life before he rose to prominence with 'Thomas the Tank Engine.'" Brand was referring to the popular children's series that Starr narrated in the 1980s.
Added Brand, "Now we can unravel the enigma of Ringo."
"Ringo 2012" is the 17th solo album for Starr, whose real name is Richard Starkey, and the second he has recorded for Hip-O/UMe.
Past "Town Hall" specials have featured Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty, Coldplay and members of Nirvana.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- "DWTS": Finalists compete for mirror ball trophy
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- "The Voice" to feature tribute to tornado victims