Emily Maynard is the new "Bachelorette"
(CBS) Emily Maynard is looking for love on TV once again.
The Southern single mom, whom Brad Womack proposed to on "The Bachelor," will reportedly be the next star of "The Bachelorette."
A source confirmed the news to Entertainment Weekly on Wednesday. According to reports, the ABC series is moving production to Charlotte, N.C., so Maynard, 25, can be near her young daughter, Ricki.
Womack proposed to Maynard on-camera during the finale of his season of "The Bachelor," but the couple split a few months later.
She may not be the only familiar face returning for another chance at love. People reports that Bentley Williams - the villain who humiliated Ashley Hebert during her "Bachelorette" season - is interested in competing on the show again.
ABC had no comment on the casting news.
Tell us: What do you think of Maynard becoming the newest "Bachelorette"?
Popular in Entertainment
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"