Novartis rep: There's no deal with Paula Deen
(CBS) Novartis has no connection with chef Paula Deen and no plans to use her as its spokesperson, a spokesperson for the drug maker said Friday.
Earlier Friday, a report out of The Daily surfaced, citing a source who said Deen had inked a deal to become a spokesperson for a Novartis drug used to treat diabetes and an announcement was expected.
"The rumors that Novartis has signed a multi-million dollar spokesperson deal with Paula Deen for a diabetes treatment are not true," a Novartis rep told CBSNews.com. "Novartis is not working with Ms. Deen."
As of press time, there's still no word from Deen herself, but among the latest recipes on her website are a few on the healthier side, including a "lighter hash brown quiche."
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"