More "Captain Underpants" books due out
(CBS/AP) NEW YORK - The author of "Captain Underpants" is releasing two new works as e-books and bringing back his successful series after a six-year hiatus.
Digital editions of two graphic novels by Dav Pilkey will be coming out at the end of January, Scholastic Inc. announced Thursday. "The Adventures of Super Diaper Baby" and "Super Diaper Baby 2" will contain deleted scenes and material about the making of the books, which are spinoffs of Pilkey's popular "Captain Underpants" stories.
Pilkey is not the only writer of graphic novels to recently join the digital age. The proliferation of iPads, Nooks, Kindle Fires and other color devices have made publishers and authors increasingly willing to put illustrated works in electronic format.
Scholastic also announced that two new "Captain Underpants" books are arriving, the first since 2006, to continue the adventures of schoolmates George Beard and Harold Hutchins and the principal they turn into an underdressed superhero.
The titles alone should give kids the giggles: "Captain Underpants and the Terrifying Return of Tippy Tinkletrousers," is to be released in August, and "Captain Underpants and the Revolting Revenge of the Radioactive Robo-Boxers," is scheduled for a January 2013 publication.
Popular in Entertainment
- James Gandolfini dead at 51
- James Gandolfini: 1961-2013 21 Photos
- Watch: Miley Cyrus' trippy "We Can't Stop" music video
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 145 Comments
- James Franco blasts "Spider-Man" reboot
- Paula Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- Stars pay tribute to James Gandolfini