Beyonce baby complaints at NYC hospital dismissed
(CBS/AP) NEW YORK - Health officials in New York have reviewed and dismissed complaints that patients in a hospital neonatal unit were mistreated while Beyonce was there giving birth to her and Jay-Z's daughter.
Health department spokesman Jeffrey Gordon says they received two complaints about Manhattan's Lenox Hill Hospital. He says both were dismissed by Wednesday night.
Beyonce gave birth to the couple's daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, on Saturday. "Her birth was emotional and extremely peaceful, we are in heaven," the couple said in a statement Monday. "She was delivered naturally at a healthy 7 lbs and it was the best experience of both of our lives."
Media reports said the couple paid $1 million to take over a floor and their security guard blocked parents from the neonatal unit for hours. The hospital denied the reports, saying the couple paid the standard rate for an executive suite without disclosing what that is.
But hospital spokeswoman Barbara Osborn says the hospital's executive director is conducting an inquiry into the complaints about treatment of neonatal unit patients.
The stork club
Popular in Entertainment
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 40 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- Denmark's de Forest wins Eurovision song contest
- Friends pay tribute to George Jones at funeral
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale