Pippa Middleton photographed 300 times a day, editor says
LONDON (CBS/AP) If you think you've been seeing a lot of Pippa Middleton lately, it's not your imagination.
The picture editor of Britain's Daily Mail newspaper says he sees up to 400 photographs of the Duchess of Cambridge's sister, Pippa Middleton, cross his desk every day.
Paul Silva says the younger sister of the former Kate Middleton typically has eight or nine photographers camped outside her door and estimated that they produce between "300 to 400 pictures" of her daily.
The 29-year-old London socialite became the "It" girl of the global media after she almost stole the show at her sister's royal wedding April 29, 2011, in a figure-hugging white gown by Alexander McQueen.
Lon Silva was answering questions at the Leveson Inquiry, a judge-led investigation into the ethics of the country's media.
The inquiry was set up in the wake of the phone-hacking scandal centered on Rupert Murdoch's News of the World and has heard from celebrities who say they were hounded by paparazzi.
Silva said Wednesday that he saw no need to constantly run photographs of Pippa Middleton.
Popular in Entertainment
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner