Gary Sinise to raise money for wounded vet
TEMECULA, California - Gary Sinise, known for playing a soldier who loses his legs in the film "Forrest Gump," wants to stage a benefit concert to raise money to build a home in Temecula, California, for a Marine who lost his limbs in Afghanistan.
The Los Angeles Times reports that Sinise, now starring in TV's "CSI New York," is expected to ask the Temecula City Council on Tuesday if he can hold a concert tentatively on March 1.
Sinise's Lt. Dan Band, named for his movie character, would perform and raise money for Marine Lance Cpl. Juan Dominguez, who lost his legs and right arm in 2010.
The Gary Sinise Foundation and the Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation have built several such homes for wounded veterans.
Below: Gary Sinise on his most important role
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?