Cee Lo Green sparks controversy over lyrics change
During his performance in New York's Times Square on Saturday night, "The Voice" judge changed the lyrics to Lennon's 1971 "Imagine" classic from "Nothing to kill or die for, and no religion too" to "Nothing to kill or die for, and all religion's true."
Criticism soon followed on Twitter, which according to the Huffington Post, prompted Green to tweet: "Yo I meant no disrespect by changing the lyric guys! I was trying to say a world were u could believe what u wanted that's all." That comment has since been taken down, but a search on Twitter will yield tweets blasting Green for swapping out the words.
Tell us: Do you take offense to Green's lyrics change?Watch the video around the 4:00 mark to hear how Green changed the lyrics:
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Friends pay tribute to George Jones at funeral