Madonna fan arrested over song leak
Madonna's Super Bowl appearance marks another return to pop
Police didn't disclose the man's name, but did reveal his initials: J.M.R. He's being described as "a big Madonna fan," reports MTV. Authorities found recordings of the song among his belongings. The man was charged and released on Wednesday.
The official track is expected to feature the vocals of both Nicki Minaj and M.I.A., but only Minaj could be heard on the leaked version.
When the song first surfaced, Madonna noted, "My true fans wouldn't do this. Whoever is responsible for this leak, we ask that you please stop!"
Madonna will release a new album in 2012. She's also the Super Bowl halftime performer.
Popular in Entertainment
- James Gandolfini dead at 51
- James Gandolfini: 1961-2013 21 Photos
- Watch: Miley Cyrus' trippy "We Can't Stop" music video
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 144 Comments
- Palace sheds some light on Kate's baby plans
- Watch: New "Anchorman 2" trailer
- James Franco blasts "Spider-Man" reboot