George Michael released from Vienna hospital, reports say
(CBS) George Michael was reportedly discharged from a Vienna hospital on Thursday after suffering from severe pneumonia.
According to a report in Austrian newspaper, the Oesterreich, the 48-year-old walked out of the hospital and into a limousine that took him to the airport, allowing him to celebrate Christmas at home.
The former "Wham!" frontman's publicist in London told Reuters the newspaper's report was based on rumors. The Vienna General Hospital has declined to comment.However, British newspapers have been reporting since the weekend that Michael will be home for Christmas, citing the Twitter messages of the singer's boyfriend, Fadi Fawaz.
Michael, a Grammy awarding-winning singer, was hospitalized last month after canceling a performance in the Austrian capital.
Popular in Entertainment
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner