Rooney Mara vs. Noomi Rapace: Who's the better Lisbeth Salander?
The 26-year-old Mara, who dominates David Fincher's version of "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo," has been called "nothing short of brilliant" in a CNN review by Mark Rabinowitz, and "a mesmerizing screen presence" by Ann Hornaday, a Washington Post reviewer.
Noomi Rapace, 31, garnered similar bouquets when she played Salander in the three Swedish movies based on Larsson's trilogy. Those were broadcast in Sweden as a TV miniseries and in the U.S. as a trio of movies.
It was American audiences' fascination with Larsson's work that brought Rapace to Hollywood's attention. She now has a role in the just-opened "Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows" with Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law and has been cast in Ridley Scott's "Prometheus."
But who made the better Lisbeth Salander, who has become an iconic female character in modern literature? Take our poll and discuss your choice in the comments below.
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Obama to host concert honoring Carole King