Mindy McCready's son to return to Florida
The Florida Department of Children and Families is working with Arkansas state officials to bring McCready's son, Zander, back to his legal guardian, McCready's mother. The country singer, meanwhile, is expected to appear in court on Monday.Read more: Mindy McCready's 5-yr-old son is in custody
Mindy McCready's ex: Singer is pushing her luck over son
An Arkansas sheriff says McCready didn't have permission to be in the unoccupied summer home where she was found Friday evening with her 5-year old son. Authorities continue to investigate the matter.
Cleburne County Sheriff Marty Moss said in a news release that authorities located McCready after receiving a report of "possible occupants in a summer home that was supposed to be unoccupied."
Officials say the boy is safe and in good health after he and McCready, who is pregnant with twins, were found in a bedroom closet of an unoccupied Arkansas home.
Zander's father, country artist Bill McKnight, released a new statement on his website on Saturday, explaining, "As we move forward from this incident, please remember that everyone has the ability to make positive changes in their life." He added, "Our new single "Lay It Down" talks about battling your demons and it is my wish that this ordeal will help Mindy get back on her path so she can be a part of our sons life."
Popular in Entertainment
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 50 Photos
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- "Mad Men" recap: 10 best moments
- "Star Wars" animated series coming 2014
- Taylor Swift dominates Billboard Music Awards