Diddy's son to play football at UCLA
(CBS) Diddy's son, Justin Combs, announced that he has chosen to attend the University of California, Los Angeles, where he will be awarded a full scholarship to play football at the Division I school.
"Today I am truly blessed and thankful to accept my scholarship and give my full commitment to UCLA," said Justin Combs in a statement. "Playing Division I football was a lifelong dream of mine, and through hard work I was able to achieve it."
The 175-pound cornerback chose the Bruins over offers from Wyoming, Virginia and Illinois, among others. Aside from football, Combs is also the head of the African American Society at his high school, Iona Prep in New Rochelle, N.Y.
So what does his music mogul father have to say?
"As a parent, today is one of the proudest moments of my life," said Sean "Diddy" Combs. "This is everything a father could want for his son, for him to excel at what he loves to do and is truly passionate about."
Justin Combs, who has a 3.75 GPA, will major in Business Finance at UCLA next year.
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- Obama to host concert honoring Carole King
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Runaway mom tells Dr. Phil: "They're better off without me"