Rooney Mara goes glam at fashion gala
(CBS) Rooney Mara stepped out for the CFDA Vogue Fashion Fund Awards on Tuesday night, and brought a bit of her "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" character along with her.
The actress sported the short, jet black hair she wore to play Lisbeth Salander in the David Fincher-directed thriller, along with dark lipstick.
With her pale skin and blush-colored Calvin Klein gown, the dark hair and lips looked especially pronounced.
Mara had her hair chopped, her eyebrows bleached (which have since, as the photos show, grown back) and got multiple piercings to play the troubled hacker. The film hits theaters on Dec. 21.
Other stars who attended the gala, held in New York, included Vogue editor Anna Wintour, Olivia Wilde, Amanda Seyfried, Rebecca Romijn and Jerry O'Connell, Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner, LaLa Vasquez and Carmelo Anthony, Brooklyn Decker, Zoe Kravitz, Joe Jonas and Chloe Moretz.
The Vogue CFDA Fashion Fund Awards honor up-and-coming designers. Joseph Altuzarra won this year's $300,000 prize. Jewelry designer Pamela Love and Shane Gabier and Christopher Peters of the label Creatures of the Wind were named runners-up, each receiving $100,000.
Popular in Entertainment
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner