Pamela Anderson to play the Virgin Mary
The former "Baywatch" actress has been tapped to star as the Virgin Mary in a comedic version of the Nativity story, set to air next month on the Canadian network CTV.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, the one-hour Canadian TV special will feature a mix of stand-up and sketch comedy, animation and musical performances, as well as appearances by singer Michael Buble and former "Saturday Night Live" star Jon Lovitz.
Anderson, a native Canadian famous for her nude Playboy photos, will appear in a sketch comedy scene set in a Christmas manger with comedian Russell Peters.
"A Russell Peters Christmas" special will air in Canada on Dec. 1.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?
- Colin Farrell talks "Epic" new role Play Video