"The Hunger Games" trailer is here
(CBS) The first full-length trailer for "The Hunger Games" has arrived.
A preview of the upcoming film premiered on "Good Morning America" Monday morning. Actor Josh Hutcherson, who plays Peeta Mellark, was on hand for the debut.
The trailer outlines the initial parts of the book-to-film's plot - all of District 12 comes out for the Reaping, where one boy and one girl are chosen to represent t each district in The Hunger Games, a televised battle-to-the-death. Katniss (Jennifer Lawrence) volunteers to fight in the Games in place of her younger sister, Prim. Peeta's name is also drawn.
Glimpses of the Capitol and training for the Games are also shown, and the clip ends after Katniss and the other tributes have been placed in The Hunger Games arena.
This trailer revealed much more of the characters than the teaser shown at this summer's MTV Video Music Awards. Katniss (Jennifer Lawrence), Peeta and Gale (Liam Hemsworth) are in the clip, along with the wildly-dressed Effie Trinket (Elizabeth Banks), costume designer Cinna (Lenny Kravitz), President Snow (Donald Sutherland), mentor Haymitch Abernathy (Woody Harrelson) and the other tributes.
"The Hunger Games" hits theaters on March 23, 2012.
Tell us: What did you think of the trailer?
"The Hunger Games" character posters
Popular in Entertainment
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 46 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- Friends pay tribute to George Jones at funeral
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale