Vinny from "Jersey Shore" gives guest lecture at Columbia University
(CBS) Vinny Guadagnino of "Jersey Shore" gave a guest lecture at Columbia University on Wednesday - and it wasn't on GTL or fist-pumping.
Guadagnino was at the university on behalf of Do Something, an anti-bullying organization.
On Twitter, the reality star anticipated some raised eyebrows about his speaking at the Ivy League school. He wrote: "Just spoke to a class at Columbia University on behalf of@dosomething about #antibullying. Shocked?"
According to Gothamist, Guadagnino spoke to students in a sociology class called "Mistake, Misconduct, Disaster." He was invited to the class by a student who is an intern with the Do Something organization.
TMZ reports that he talked about his experiences being bullied while growing up.
The lecture went well, according to the website, until Guadagnino opened up the floor for questions. One student asked, "What gives you, as a cast member of 'Jersey Shore,' the right to interrupt this class and then lecture us on setting a good example?"
According to TMZ, that question stumped Guadagnino.
MTV recently finished airing the fourth season of "Jersey Shore," which showed Guadagnino and the rest of the gang in Florence, Italy. The fifth season premieres on Jan. 5 and brings them back in Seaside Heights, N.J.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- Amanda Seyfried talks filming Seth MacFarlane's new Western Play Video
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video