Kim Kardashian files for divorce from Kris Humphries
(CBS) Updated 2:36 p.m. EDT
It's over between Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries.
The "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" star has filed for divorce from the New Jersey Nets player after just 72 days of marriage.
"After careful consideration, I have decided to end my marriage," she said in a statement to E! News. "I hope everyone understands this was not an easy decision. I had hoped this marriage was forever, but sometimes things don't work out as planned. We remain friends and wish each other the best."
TMZ, which obtained a copy of the divorce documents, reports that Kardashian, 31, filed on Monday, citing irreconcilable differences as the reason for the split. The date of separation was listed as Monday.
The documents say that the couple has a prenuptial agreement, and asks the court to deny spousal support to Humphries.
The news comes after weeks of speculation about trouble in the couple's relationship.
Kardashian and Humphries married in a lavish ceremony on Aug. 20. It was taped for a two-part TV special, which aired on E! earlier this month.
Popular in Entertainment
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" to series for 2013-2014 season
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage