Bret Michaels to have hospital waiting room named after him
(CBS) Bret Michaels will have a waiting room named after him in honor of all the donations he has given to St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center in Pheonix, Ariz.
The Bret Michael's Hospitality and Music Room will feature music listening stations and relaxation areas for patients' families, all donated by the rock and reality TV star. "It will be warm and hip," Michaels said in a press release.Pictures: Bret Michaels
In 2010, Michaels performed at Celebrity Fight Night in Phoenix and donated a dinner at his home for an auction to raise money for Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center, which is located at St. Joseph's Barrow Neurological Institute.
"I want to give something back to the hospital that helped save my life," said Michaels in the press release. "Phoenix is my home and I'm proud to be a part of this community."
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Bynes' allegations of sexual assault under investigation
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Friends pay tribute to George Jones at funeral
- Colin Farrell talks "Epic" new role Play Video