Soulja Boy arrested for felony possession of marijuana
(CBS/AP) Soulja Boy, real name DeAndre Cortez Way, was booked on a felony marijuana charge after authorities say they found weed and weapons in his rental vehicle in Temple, Ga.
Temple Police Chief Tim Shaw said that police stopped the rapper's rented Cadillac Escalade on early on Oct. 18. Shaw said that based on what he knew of the arrest, all five occupants in the car were very cordial, and the arrest went smoothly. Authorities added that Soulja Boy is being held without bond, and he is expected to appear in court later the same day.
Soulja Boy's arrest also coincides with the release of his DVD, "Soulja Boy: The Move." He tweeted earlier today, "Atlanta! Mississippi! New York!! Tour bus private jet hotel suite life! Soulja Boy the movie." The rapper is best known for his song "Crank That (Soulja Boy)" and the corresponding dance.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Bynes' allegations of sexual assault under investigation
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer
- Colin Farrell talks "Epic" new role Play Video