ABC cancels "Charlie's Angels"
(CBS) Goodbye, Angels.
ABC has shut down production on its reboot of "Charlie's Angels," it was reported Friday.
According to Deadline, the network will air the remaining four episodes of the show in its current timeslot (Thursdays at 8 p.m.).
"Charlie's Angels," which starred Minka Kelly, Annie Ilonzeh and Rachael Taylor as the crime-fighting trio, debuted on Sept. 23 to poor reviews and meager ratings. Four episodes aired before ABC pulled the plug.
The short-lived series joins NBC's "The Playboy Club" and "Free Agents, CW's "H8R" and CBS' "How to be a Gentleman" (which shut down production last week) as this year's freshman TV causalities.
Popular in Entertainment
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 46 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- Friends pay tribute to George Jones at funeral
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner