Justin Bieber rents out Staples Center for date with Selena Gomez
(CBS) Most couples do dinner and a movie at their favorite restaurant and local cinema. But that wasn't enough for Justin Bieber.
The singer reportedly rented out Los Angeles' Staples Center on Friday night for a romantic date with girlfriend Selena Gomez.
After catching Demi Lovato's concert at the Nokia Theater, TMZ reports, Bieber brought Gomez to the nearby Staples Center via an underground tunnel. When they walked inside, the 20,000 seat arena was empty except for a candlelit table set for two.
Bieber, 17, and Gomez, 18, dined on steak and pasta, catered by the arena's Lexus Club, and took in a screening of the film "Titanic."
"Romance isnt dead. treat your lady right fellas," he tweeted on Friday.
The teen heartthrob reportedly got the idea for the date from the Adam Sandler film "Mr. Deeds," where Sandler's character surprises Winona Ryder with a date at Madison Square Garden.
According to TMZ, Bieber paid nothing to arrange the big date - the Staples Center comped his use of the arena as a thanks for Bieber selling out recent concerts there.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos
- Amanda Seyfried talks filming Seth MacFarlane's new Western Play Video
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards