Scarlett Johansson taps FBI over allegedly hacked nude photos
(CBS) Scarlett Johansson is the latest celebrity wrapped up in a nude photo scandal.
The FBI is reportedly investigating the release of photos allegedly hacked from the 26-year-old actress' cell phone.
"The FBI is aware of the alleged hacking incident and is looking into it," an FBI official told FoxNews.com. Sources close to Johansson told TMZ that the FBI would be contacted because they believe the leak is a criminal act.
The photos, which surfaced online Wednesday, show a woman who appears to be Johansson snapping pictures of her backside and breasts.
According to the Los Angeles Times, Johansson's name was among around 50 potential victims mentioned back in March in connection with the investigation of a hacking ring targeting celebrities' email accounts and smartphones.
Vanessa Hudgens previously met with authorities, TMZ reports, over nude pictures allegedly hacked from her Gmail account that surfaced online.
Three months ago, nude photos purported to be of actress Blake Lively also surfaced online. Her rep denied the photos were of Lively.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer