Elizabeth Taylor's jewelry: All the dazzling details
(CBS/AP) Elizabeth Taylor's dazzling jewelry collection, worth an estimated $30 million, is heading to the auction block later this year.
The iconic pieces, featuring rubies, diamonds, emeralds and sapphires, will be sold at New York's Chrisite's auction house on Dec. 13-14.
Here are details on some of the standouts from the collection:
- "The Elizabeth Taylor Diamond," an asscher-cut, 33.19 carat diamond set in a platinum ring, given to Taylor by Richard Burton and estimated at $2.5 million-$3.5 million.
- "The Taj Mahal Diamond," the famous 17th-century diamond pendant Burton purchased for Taylor's 40th birthday in 1972. The pendant, which sits on a gold and ruby chain by Cartier, is estimated at $300,000-$500,000.
- "La Peregrina," one of the largest and most symmetrically perfect pear-shaped pearls in the world. The early 16th century pearl, a gift from Burton, is set in a ruby and diamond necklace by Cartier and is estimated at $2 million-$3 million.
- "The Mike Todd Tiara, estimated at $60,000-$80,000.
- A ruby and diamond necklance, also a gift from Todd, estimated at $200,000-$300,000.
- A gold, diamond and emerald "Snake" watch from Bulgari, estimated at $12,000-$15,000.
- Kunzite, amethyst and diamond "Triphanes" jewelry by Van Cleef & Arpels, valued at $70,000-$100,000.
- The Duchess of Windsor diamond brooch, which Taylor purchased for herself at auction for $620,000. The brooch is estimated to fetch $400,000 to $600,000.
The entire collection will be exhibited from Dec. 3-10 at Christie's New York galleries.
Elizabeth Taylor's jewels
Popular in Entertainment
- James Gandolfini dead at 51
- James Gandolfini: 1961-2013 21 Photos
- Watch: Miley Cyrus' trippy "We Can't Stop" music video
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 145 Comments
- James Franco blasts "Spider-Man" reboot
- Paula Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- Stars pay tribute to James Gandolfini