Green Day singer kicked off plane
Singer Billie Joe Armstrong of the band "Green Day" performs during the first concert of their Latin America tour in Caracas, Venezuela, on Oct. 8, 2010. / MIGUEL GUTIERREZ/AFP/Getty Images
OAKLAND, California - Green Day front man Billie Joe Armstrong says his sagging pants cost him a seat on a Southwest Airlines flight.
The singer-guitarist for the San Francisco Bay area-based band sent a message to his Twitter followers on Thursday expressing his indignation at being tossed from an Oakland-to-Burbank flight for wearing his trousers too low.
An ABC7 news producer who was on the same flight told the station that a flight attendant approached Armstrong before take-off and asked him to hike his pants higher.
The producer, Cindy Qiu, says when Armstrong insisted he was just trying to get to his seat, he and a traveling companion were taken off the plane.
Southwest spokesman Brad Hawkins says in a statement that Armstrong was allowed to board the next flight.
Popular in Entertainment
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 75 Comments
- Listen: John Mayer's new single "Paper Doll"
- "Bachelorette": Desiree lets two lukewarm lovers go
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby
- Johnny Depp on "unpleasant" split with Vanessa Paradis
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel 352 Comments