Melissa Gilbert files for divorce
(CBS/AP) LOS ANGELES - Melissa Gilbert, who played Laura Ingalls on "Little House on the Prairie," is divorcing husband Bruce Boxleitner.
Court records show Gilbert has filed for divorce after 16 years of marriage to the actor.
The actress cited irreconcilable differences in her divorce petition, which was filed Monday in Los Angeles.
The filing states the couple separated in January, shortly after their 16th wedding anniversary.
Gilbert served two terms as president of the Screen Actor's Guild, and Boxleitner has appeared in numerous movies and television series, including "Babylon 5" and both "Tron" films.
She is seeking joint custody of the couple's 16-year-old son and no spousal support from Boxleitner.
News of Gilbert's divorce comes the same week that her sister, "The Talk" co-host Sara Gilbert, announced her split from longtime partner Allison Adler. They will share custody of their two children.
Popular in Entertainment
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 116 Comments
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Johnny Depp on "unpleasant" split with Vanessa Paradis
- Selma Blair abruptly exits "Anger Management"
- "The Voice": Top three sing for the win
- "The Voice" finale recap: Season 4 crowns a winner
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Listen: John Mayer's new single "Paper Doll"