Prince Charles and Camilla adopt a puppy
(CBS) There's a new addition to Britain's royal family - Prince Charles and Camilla have adopted a puppy.
The Duchess of Cornwall recently adopted Beth, a Jack Russell Terrier, from London's Battersea Dogs and Cats Home.
"The Duchess of Cornwall has adopted a puppy named Beth from Battersea Dogs and Cats Home," Clarence House confirmed via Twitter on Monday. "Beth is a Jack Russell Terrier and was left at Battersea @BDCH when she was 12 weeks old."
Charles' mother, Queen Elizabeth II, is a noted animal lover, Us magazine notes, who has owned multiple Corgis over the years.
Popular in Entertainment
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- "Now You See Me" cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Beatles' lyrics headed for British Library