Kate Gosselin reacts to "Kate Plus 8" cancellation
(CBS) Kate Gosselin seems to be taking the cancellation of her TLC series "Kate Plus 8" in stride.
The reality TV mom took to Twitter to express her feelings on the news, and assured her fans that "this is not goodbye."
"We've had a great run!" she wrote in a series of tweets on Monday. "Six years of whirlwind fun-filled adventures thanks to TLC and our many, many supportive and diehard fans."
She continued: "While it is very sad for me and the kids (there were many tears at the breakfast table this morning!), we are looking forward with great anticipation to our bright future! As is very typical for me, I am choosing to see the positive in this situation and I am excited to consider many more invigorating opportunities that may come my way!"
Gosselin also noted that she "poured" her "entire self" to the show and the series before it, "Jon and Kate Plus 8," for the last six years.
As for her future plans, Gosselin says she hopes to work on another book and do more motiviational speaking.
"And maybe even some dating??!!" she writes. "We wish our fans well. And remember, this is not 'goodbye'.I prefer to say 'See you around!'"
The final episode of "Kate Plus 8" will air on Sept. 19.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 129 Comments
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- "DWTS": Finalists compete for mirror ball trophy
- "The Voice" to feature tribute to tornado victims