Kate recycles two dresses for Zara Phillips' royal wedding weekend
(CBS) Royal watchers got a sense of deja-vu over the weekend when the Duchess of Cambridge recycled two outfits from her wardrobe for Zara Phillips' wedding celebrations in Scotland.
On Friday, Kate arrived to a pre-wedding yacht party wearing a green silk "Maja" dress by Diane Von Furstenberg that she also wore during an event in Los Angeles earlier this month.
The duchess wore the dress when she and Prince William attended a reception at the British Consul-General's residence during their three-day trip to the area.
For Phillips' wedding the next day at Edinburgh's Cannongate Kirk, Kate wore a cream-colored coat dress paired with a matching angled hat and nude heels. She wore the same frock five years ago, to Laura Parker Bowles' wedding in 2006. That time, she topped the outfit with a festive fascinator and chose different heels.
The duchess has recycled outfits before - during her tour of Canada with William, she wore same the cream Reiss dress that she sported for her official engagement portrait last year. On that same trip, while at a reception for young Canadians, she wore a black and white dress wrap dress by Issa decorated with a pattern of birds - the same dress she wore upon arriving to London's Goring Hotel on the eve of her wedding day.
Kate's royal looks
Popular in Entertainment
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel 352 Comments
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice"
- Chappelle to return with comedy tour
- Justin Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
- Nigella Lawson's husband cautioned by cops over assault
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby