Kat Von D and Jesse James split (Pictures)
(CBS) Jesse James and Kat Von D have broken off their engagement.
"I am no longer w Jesse," Von D confirmed on her Twitter account, "and out of respect for him, his family and myself, thats all the info I'd like to share. Thanks for respecting that."
The motorcycle mogul and the "LA Ink" star, who announced their engagement in January, had reportedly been planning a summer wedding.
Distance was a factor in the breakup, James told People magazine on Tuesday.
"I'm so sad because I really love her," he said. "The distance between us was just too much."
Von D (whose real name is Katherine Von Drachenberg) shoots her reality show in Los Angeles, while James lives in Austin, Texas, with his three children, Chandler, 16, Jesse Jr., 14, and Sunny, 7.
Last month, James and Von D shot down speculation that they had split, calling the rumors "absolutely not true."
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers