Princess Diana's brother marries for third time
(CBS) Princess Diana's brother, the ninth Earl Spencer, married a 38-year-old Canadian divorcee and former model Saturday at Althrop, the Spencer family ancestral home. It is his third marriage and her second.
The Earl, 47, and Karen Gordon, 38, exchanged vows at a private civil ceremony attended by 170 family members and friends.
According to a report in The Telegraph, neither Prince William, who was a page at the Earl's first wedding, nor Prince Harry, attended the ceremony. The Earl and his fiancee were among the guests in Westminster Abbey April 20 when Prince William married the former Kate Middleton.
The marriage was followed by a lunch reception, also at the family estate, where Princess Diana is buried. The Earl's other sisters, Lady Sarah McCorquodale and Lady Jane Fellowes, were among the guests.
The bride, who founded Whole Child International, a charity for orphans, wore a sleeveless ivory lace dress. She has two daughters, ages 12 and 10, from her marriage to Mark Gordon, a "Grey's Anatomy" producer.
The Earl has six children by two former wives, Caroline Freud and model Victoria Lockwood. Both marriages ended in bitter divorces battles. Spemcer became engaged to Bianca, Lady Eliot, in the spring of 2010 but the engagement was called off just before the fall wedding.
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale
- Runaway mom tells Dr. Phil: "They're better off without me"
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance