Neil Patrick Harris shows off his twins on the "Late Show"
(CBS) Neil Patrick Harris and partner David Burtka like getting their twins in the holiday spirit.
Harris, who is hosting this weekend's Tony Awards, stopped by the "Late Show with David Letterman" with snapshots of daughter Harper and son Gideon, almost 8 months old, dressed up to correspond with monthly holidays.
"We do one a month," the "How I Met Your Mother" star explained on Thursday's show. "We're doing a calendar so that when they're older, we can humiliate them and embarrass them."
The first one he showed was a St. Patrick's Day-themed photo, with the two babies in leprechaun outfits.
"We go to Party City and get all the great stuff," the actor told host David Letterman.
For April, they did an Easter photo, with the two wearing bunny ears and holding baskets.
"We couldn't figure out what holiday to do for May, so we went Cinco De Mayo," he added, as Letterman held up a photo of son Gideon wearing a sombrero and Harper sporting a Frida Kahlo-inspired costume unibrow.
"You know that babies are more than party props?" Letterman quipped.
The Tony Awards will be broadcast live on Sunday night at 8 p.m. EDT on CBS. This will be Harris' second time hosting the ceremony.
Popular in Entertainment
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 136 Comments
- Watch: Miley Cyrus' trippy "We Can't Stop" music video
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- Selma Blair abruptly exits "Anger Management"
- Palace sheds some light on Kate's baby plans
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- "The Voice" finale recap: Season 4 crowns a winner
- Johnny Depp on "unpleasant" split with Vanessa Paradis