Lee DeWyze, Nigel Lythgoe feud over "Idol" finale on Twitter
After Scott McCreery took the season 10 title on Wednesday's finale, Lythgoe tweeted how disappointed he was that DeWyze decided to take no part in the final show.
"I was so upset Lee DeWyze wouldn't present the winner's trophy to Scotty," Lythgoe wrote. "Especially as he'd been on the show this Season. I guess he was shy."
But apparently it was a lack of invitation that left DeWyze no choice but to sit back and stay out of the spotlight.
The season 9 winner, who didn't perform on Wednesday's show nor received any on-camera love from host Ryan Seacrest, responded to Lythgoe's comments on Twitter, saying he wasn't asked to participate until the very last minute.
"Just for the record. I was not asked to be involved in the Finale," he wrote. "It wasn't until about 2 minutes before they announced that Nigel had approached me and asked if he could 'borrow' me for a second."
"I didn't feel a last second jump on stage was appropriate. It was Scotty's moment. I appreciate American Idol, and the opportunity it has given me. And the people who have made that show possible. I am not angry or bitter etc. It was an amazing Finale, and I would have loved to be a part of it. I just wasn't asked."
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Friends pay tribute to George Jones at funeral