Princess Beatrice's royal wedding hat sells for $131,279
(CBS/AP) - Going, going, gone!
The now infamous, silk bow hat that Princess Beatrice wore to last month's royal wedding has been sold on eBay for $131,648.
The 22-year-old granddaughter of Queen Elizabeth II put the Philip Treacy creation on sale earlier this month to raise money for UNICEF and Children in Crisis.
The sculptural blush fascinator caused a stir at the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton on April 29.
Since then, it has been compared to antlers and a pretzel, and has been photoshopped into scores of unlikely scenarios on the Internet.
Forty bidders vied for the hat, but eBay did not reveal the identity of the winner. The auction ended Sunday.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?