Jennifer Love Hewitt to join "Law & Order: SVU" cast?
(CBS) Jennifer Love Hewitt is reportedly being eyed by NBC to replace Mariska Hargitay on the hit show "Law & Order: SVU," but that doesn't mean Hargitay is leaving the show.
Contracts are being renewed and according to Deadline.com, Hargitay's character will be promoted to a supervisor position, with Hewitt taking her place as Det. Elliot Stabler (Christopher Meloni)'s partner.
It wouldn't be "The Ghost Whisperer" star's first time on the show. She guest-starred in a memorable performance last fall.
At this time, Meloni still hasn't finalized his contract, and is supposedly asking for more money.
Hargitay asked to lighten her work load this season, which the network reportedly granted. She will continue as a detective until the promotion, which will likely free up more time for the actress to be with her growing family. Hargitay adopted a daughter, Amaya, last month.
Do you think Jennifer Love Hewitt can fill Mariska Hargitay's detective shoes? Tel us in the comments below.
Popular in Entertainment
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- "The Hangover III": Critics aren't drunk with excitement
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- Paul McCartney writes in support of Pussy Riot
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video
- "Now You See Me" cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere