Michael Bolton channels Jack Sparrow for "SNL" short
(CBS) Tina Fey might have busted out her Sarah Palin impression while hosting this weekend's "Saturday Night Live," but it was Michael Bolton who stole the show with a pirate-loving appearance in a digital short.
The singer joined Andy Samberg and The Lonely Island for "Jack Sparrow," in which he pays tribute to (and dresses up as) Johnny Depp's character from the "Pirates of the Caribbean" films.
The sketch opens with Bolton meeting The Lonely Island members to record a song - but he shows up late for the session because he got caught up watching the "Pirates" films. While the rest of the group raps about girls and clubs, Bolton busts out a chorus about Capt. Jack, swashbucking and the seven seas, much to everyone else's confusion.
After singing about Sparrow on a beach and aboard a pirate ship, Bolton goes off and sings about other film characters, dressing up as each of them in turn - first Forrest Gump, then Erin Brokovich (yikes) and finally, Tony Montana of "Scarface."
Who knew he was such a movie buff?
The track will appear on The Lonely Island's new album, "Turtleneck & Chain," which hits stores Tuesday.
Watch the video here (warning: strong language), and share your thoughts on Bolton's cameo in the comments.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"