Bristol Palin talks single parent struggles
Bristol Palin was on the New York red carpet Tuesday nght to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Candies Foundation, which employs . Palin as an advocate against teen pregnancy.
Palin refused to answer any questions that were not related to her campaign against teen pregnancy. But she did tell CBSNews.com about some of the challenges she claims to have faced as a young single parent.
"Well, Tripp was born into a one-parent home...a single-parent home... and it's difficult for him," Palin said of her two-and-a-half-year-old son. "You know, I don't have a college education yet. I don't have a steady job. And it's difficult for all teen moms, no matter what they're background is," she added.
The 20-year-old has come under fire for the more than $260,000 that the Candies Foundation paid her in 2009. The organization has said that the payment was well worth it for her anti-teen pregnancy efforts.
Watch the CBSNews.com interview with Bristol Palin at the top of this page to see her speak about teen pregnancy and whether or not she enjoys living in Arizona.
Popular in Entertainment
- James Gandolfini dead at 51
- James Gandolfini: 1961-2013 21 Photos
- Watch: Miley Cyrus' trippy "We Can't Stop" music video
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 145 Comments
- James Franco blasts "Spider-Man" reboot
- Paula Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- Stars pay tribute to James Gandolfini