Michael Buble and Luisana Lopilato tie the knot
(CBS/AP) Canadian crooner Michael Buble is now a married man.
The Grammy-winning pop singer married girlfriend Argentine TV actress Luisana Lopilato in a civil ceremony on Thursday.
After tying the knot in downtown Buenos Aires, Argentina, Buble, 35, and Lopilato, 23, posed for a mob of fans.
She wore a lilac chiffon dress with silver high heels and Buble wore a sharp gray suit as he leaned down for a smooch.
Then Lopilato tossed a bouquet of purple orchids into the crowd as some fans threw rice and red rose petals and a young woman shouted "I love you Michael!"
Buble, who won a Grammy last month for traditional pop vocal album, is one of North America's top-grossing concert entertainers. Lopilato made her name as a model and in Argentine sitcoms and soap operas, including "Rebel Way," "Little Girls," "Married With Children" and "Pirate Soul."
The couple plan a full ceremony with 300 guests next month at a mansion outside Buenos Aires, and another wedding in Vancouver in April. They have homes in Canada, Los Angeles and Buenos Aires province.
Buble dated British actress Emily Blunt for several years before he met Lopilato in 2009 during a South American concert tour. Lopilato was romantically involved before with tennis player Juan Monaco.
Popular in Entertainment
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 50 Photos
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- "Mad Men" recap: 10 best moments
- "Star Wars" animated series coming 2014
- Taylor Swift dominates Billboard Music Awards
- "Star Trek Into Darkness" wins weekend box office