Candice Swanepoel, Victoria's Secret model: Is she too thin?
(CBS) Victoria's Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel turned heads in Los Angeles recently - not for her model behavior, but for appearing startlingly slim.
The 22-year-old South African beauty revealed a strikingly thin figure while modeling the lingerie label's new line of swimwear Wednesday.
Posing in a tiger print bottom and black top alongside Brazilian models Adriana Lima and Alessandra Ambrosio, Swanepoel stood out with her ultra slender legs and tiny waist.
While Victoria's Secret has long been known for its voluptuous models like Tyra Banks, Heidi Klum and Naomi Campbell, this isn't the first time the label has been under fire for promoting models that are deemed too thin.
Last March, Ambrosio was criticized for her slim figure while posing in St. Barts for Victoria's Secret.
While the tabloids described Ambrosio as looking like a "young teenager," the 29-year-old responded by telling the U.K.'s Daily Mail, "I'm very lucky to work for a brand (Victoria's Secret) that wants women to be healthy. You need to be able to fill out the bra and the panties, so yes, I'm a curvier girl."
Tell us: do you think Swanepoel or Ambrosio are too thin?
Popular in Entertainment
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 40 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- Denmark's de Forest wins Eurovision song contest
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner
- Friends pay tribute to George Jones at funeral