Batman to be reinvented once again after "Dark Knight Rises"
In an interview with the Los Angles Times, Warner Bros. president Jeff Robinov said that after Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight Rises" comes out next year, there will be plans for another reincarnation of the popular superhero.
The announcement comes as a surprise, given that Nolan's third Batman installment hasn't even been shot yet. The filmmaker has been quoted on numerous occasions stating that "The Dark Knight Rises" will be his last film as a director in the series, although he may stay on as a producer for the reboot.
"We have the third Batman, but then we'll have to reinvent Batman...Chris Nolan and [producing partner and wife] Emma Thomas will be producing it, so it will be a conversation with them about what the next phase is," Robinov said in the LA Times interview.
This adds to growing speculation about the future of the Dark Knight. In a recent interview with Aaron Eckhart, the actor even hinted at a possible return of his character, Harvey Dent/Two-Face.
Popular in Entertainment
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice"
- Listen: John Mayer's new single "Paper Doll"
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel 352 Comments
- Justin Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby
- "Bachelorette": Desiree lets two lukewarm lovers go