Seann William Scott enters treatment
(CBS) Seann William Scott, who starred as Stifler in the "American Pie" films, has checked himself into a treatment center, his reps confirmed on Tuesday.
"Seann William Scott has voluntarily admitted himself for proactive treatment to address health and personal issues," the reps said in a statement, obtained by E! Online. "He appreciates the support of his many fans at this time."
No other details were provided on what those issues are, or where he is getting treatment.
Scott, 34, has also starred in films including "Dude, Where's My Car?," "Role Models" and "The Dukes of Hazzard." He also voiced a character in the animated "Ice Age" movies.
Stars in rehab
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- At last: "Arrested" is reborn Sunday on Netflix
- "DWTS": Finalists compete for mirror ball trophy
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards